Rhubarb provides a tasty sauce for chicken.
|600 g||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned; alternatively use thighs (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Cajun seasoning, use up to 2 if desired (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Plain flour|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|250 g||Rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|½ cup||Red wine|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Halve the chicken thighs, if using. Quarter the chicken breasts.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and flour and dust over the chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Sauté the chicken in batches until browned all over. Place aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the rhubarb and onion, mix well, then season. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened. Add the garlic, brown sugar, oregano and wine. Return the chicken to the saucepan. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Great served sprinkled with extra Cajun seasoning and chopped parsley.