Can be cooked ahead and reheated. Seed the chilli if preferred.
|400g||small new potatoes|
|1 Tbsp||canola oil|
|1||onion, halved and thinly sliced|
|2 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp||ground coriander|
|1||green chilli, diced|
|3||large tomatoes, roughly chopped|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice the potatoes into 5mm-thick rounds. Boil until just tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry. Rinse the spinach then microwave until limp.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly oil a 26cm flan dish about 5cm deep.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté the onion until softened. Stir in the garlic, spices, chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and spinach. Season. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs, cream and milk together. Season.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the base of the flan dish. Sprinkle with half the spice mixture. Repeat the layers. Pour the egg combo over the top. Use a fork to lift the veggies to ensure the egg mixture runs through them.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until the egg in the centre is just set. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.