|1 kg||Belly cut shoulder of pork (Main)|
|3 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh rosemary|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
|3||Carrots, peeled and sliced into strips|
|2||Parsnips, peeled and sliced into strips|
|3||Garlic cloves, finely sliced|
|1||Onion, finely sliced|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork and rub with salt and cumin seeds, making sure you rub in between the slices.
- Brush the pork with olive oil and tuck rosemary sprigs into the cuts in the skin. Pour over the wine and stock. Cook for 2 hours, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Add the carrots, parsnips, garlic and onion. Cook all together for 1 hour.
- Remove the pork and keep the vegetables warm while grilling the skin of the pork. Watch carefully to make sure it becomes crisp without burning.
- Serve slices of pork with the cooking liquid spooned over and the roasted vegetables on the side.