|250 g||Snapper fillets, Skinned & Deboned (Sashimi Grade) (Main)|
|20 g||Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced|
|1||Beetroot, peeled and sliced on the mandolin|
|1 Tbsp||Sea salt|
|1 to taste||White pepper, ground|
Soy & Olive Oil Dressing
|50 ml||Soy sauce (Main)|
|100 ml||Extra virgin olive oil (Main)|
|1||Orange, juice and zest|
|1 tsp||Chilli flakes, ground|
|¼ tsp||Fennel seeds, ground roasted|
|1 bunch||Fresh chives, for garnish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice the Snapper fillet into 24 even slices 6 slices per person, set aside.
- For the beetroot pickle combine sliced beetroot, Ginger, Salt & Sugar mix well and let sit for 30 minutes then add lemon juice and Ground white pepper to taste set aside.
- When ready to serve drain the juice from the pickle.
- For the dressing combine all ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes so as all the flavours intermingle.
- To serve lay 6 slice of fish on each of your 4 entrée plate's divide beetroot pickle evenly over the 4 plate's and then pour the dressing evenly over the 4 dishes, and garnish with the chopped chives, serve immediately.