|700 g||Chicken, in portions, bone in (Main)|
|½ tin||Peppercorns, Sichuan|
|6 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Chilli oil, or 2 tsp chilli flakes|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|4 Tbsp||Sesame paste|
|2 Tbsp||Rice vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Spring onions, or shallot, finely chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Poach the chicken in just-simmering water for about 10 minutes, until cooked. Remove the chicken and cool.
- Debone and skin the chicken. Julienne the meat. Peel the cucumber and carrot and julienne. Lightly toast the peppercorns, then crush.
- Whisk together the sesame seed paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, sugar and chilli oil or chilli flakes.
- To serve, arrange the cucumber and half of the carrot on a serving platter. Place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with the peppercorns. Drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with the remaining carrot and spring onion or shallot.