|4 fillets||Salmon, 150g each, pin bones removed (Main)|
|2||Lemons, zested and juiced|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|½ cup||Cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped|
|150 g||Ricotta cheese|
|1 packet||Cos lettuce leaves|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking dish and place in the salmon, skin side down.
- Zest the lemons over the salmon then squeeze over the juice.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle over the sugar and season. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Shave the fennel using either a mandolin, peeler or a very sharp knife. Put into a bowl with the toasted cashews. Pour over the extra olive oil and orange juice then mix.
- Gently pull the salmon off the skin without breaking it up too much. Plate with the fennel and cashew mix. Add cos lettuce leaves and small spoonfuls of ricotta. Drizzle the salad with the remaining juices left over from cooking the salmon.