|1||Garlic clove, finely sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh thyme|
|250 g||Portobello mushrooms, sliced (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ tsp||Whole nutmeg, freshly grated|
|1 tsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 to serve||Sourdough bread|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease 4 ramekins.
- Melt the butter in a fry pan and add the garlic and thyme. Stir for a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms and cook until soft and any liquid has evaporated.
- Increase the heat and add the cream. Reduce until the cream has begun to thicken then add the milk. Season and add the nutmeg.
- Pour into a blender and puree. Whisk the eggs then pour the mushroom mixture over, add the parmesan and stir well.
- Pour into the ramekins and bake in a bain-marie for approximately 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot with grilled slices of sourdough.