So you've got the big idea and the passion to make it succeed, but are you lacking in confidence to sell it internationally. Where can you turn for help?
Two entrepreneurs Tim Norton and Steve Adams and some of their friends believe they have a solution with the launch of new online business community, Made from New Zealand - madefromnewzealand.com
Made from New Zealand is a free social network, business directory and content engine for New Zealand businesses. It's supported by entrepreneurial heavyweights, such as Jeremy Moon (Icebreaker) and Rod Drury (Xero) and enabled by Telecom.
The goal for Made from New Zealand is to generate business internationally for individual members through the collective power of the companies and organisations involved.
In the immediate term, however, the website aims to become the place for likeminded New Zealand businesses to connect and collaborate with each other.
Co-founder, Tim Norton believes Made from New Zealand's strength lies in its collective, "power in numbers" philosophy.
"Made from New Zealand is for all New Zealand businesses, from sole-traders to large companies. The glue that binds them is their Kiwi entrepreneurial attitude and the fact that they're operating in New Zealand but have global ambitions," says Tim.
Businesses are encouraged to form their own industry networks.
"We place heavy emphasis on working with existing groups, making Made from New Zealand a "network of networks."
"Members can identify themselves as belonging to an industry organisation or other group, and if their profile suggests they should belong to one when they don't, we'll send them in the right direction to join up," says Tim.
As a member of Made from New Zealand, businesses can benefit from a range of resources and opportunities including:
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">A profile of their business showing how they are part of New Zealand and have the "Kiwi DNA"
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">Get found easier in Google and other search engines
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">Get increased traffic to their website
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">The opportunity to build a fan base for their business
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">A chance to have stories written about their business and their successes to help increase their public profile
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">An updated understanding of what's happening in their industry
- style="margin-bottom:7px;">A connection with like minded businesses