It's back to the crystal ball to work out how the Super Rugby playoffs would play out if the season ended today:
Chiefs (Seed 1) vs Highlanders (Seed 8)
Stormers (Seed 2) vs Bulls (Seed 7)
Lions (Seed 3) vs Hurricanes (Seed 6)
Rebels (Seed 4) vs Crusaders (Seed 5)
- The Chiefs remain top seed but are now locked in to face the Highlanders in the playoff, who the play this weekend.
- The Bulls move up to the seventh seed after a big win over the Force. They remain second in Africa 1 behind the Stormers, despite the fact the Stormers have lost two more games.
- The Hurricanes would face the Lions, who they just destroyed 50-17.
- Crusaders sit in that crucial fifth seed spot, which at the moment means a trip to Australia to start the playoffs.
- The Chiefs have a local derby against the Highlanders.
A defeat could open the door for the Crusaders (home to Reds) and the Hurricanes (away to Sharks).
- The Stormers have the bye, giving the Bulls a chance to claim top spot in Africa 1, but they have to travel to Canberra to face the Brumbies.
- The Rebels also have the bye as the Waratahs and Brumbies, both two points behind, can grab the Australian Conference lead with wins.
- Continuing the week off theme, the Lions have the bye and the Sharks can move equal-top of Africa 2 with a big win over the in-form Hurricanes.