A grandmother said "I've lost half my family" after her daughter, 38, died alongside her husband and two children following a suspected gas leak at their Mexican vacation home.
Kevin and Amy Sharp, aged 41 and 38, and their two kids, 12-year-old Sterling and seven-year-old Adrianna, were found dead by police in the resort town of Tulum on Friday, a day after a friend reported them missing, reports Daily Mail.
Amy's mother Beth Fry fought back tears as she told reporters outsider her home in Creston, Iowa: "Life is not going to be the same without her... half my family is gone."
After regaining her composure she added to the Des Moines Register: 'We're determined.
"We have love and support and family and friends and we will get through this. One way or another, we will."
The sports-mad Sharp family were scheduled to fly back to their house in Creston on March 21, in order to attend a Spartans basketball game the following day.
Friends grew worried when they failed to show up to the game and wouldn't answer their messages and calls.
The US Embassy was called, who in turn asked Mexican authorities to investigate the matter.
Provincial police in Quintana Roo broke into the family's condo in the Bahia Principe tourist complex and found all four members of the family dead, and their bodies in a state of decomposition.
The two kids were found in the living room while the parents were found in a bedroom, according to the Yucatan Times.
Beth Fry said Kevin was a salesman for family beer distributor, Southwest Distributing Co, while Amy worked for a dental-claims specialist.
She described the couple's daughter, Adrianna', as "our diva girl" who "ruled that family".
And she remembered their son Sterling as an avid athlete who loved a series of sports including fishing, hunting, swimming and baseball.
The whole family loved the Spartans and would regularly have basketball players around for meals.
Local authorities will not say what killed the family, but say there was no signs of violence and foul play isn't suspected.
Ashli Peterson, the friend who originally posted the worried Facebook message about the family, updated followers about their death on Friday.
"The Sharps have been located. They were found last night in their condo deceased. There was no foul play! At this time that is all the information we have.
"Please respect the family at this time as they go through the grieving process. Thank you for all the posts, shares, and kind words," Peterson said.
Mark Williams, a law enforcement official back in Iowa, told Omaha.com that Mexican officials suspect the family may have died from a gas leak.