The Sun reports that the email was among around 100 which it had uncovered using a keyword search of “tdoy”, in reference to “The Duke of York”, shortly after the 3.5 million Epstein files were released by the US Department of Justice.
However, according to the publication, when reporters attempted an identical search on Sunday, the documents no longer showed up, indicating they had potentially been redacted afterwards.
Prior to the release of the files, Mountbatten-Windsor had already been publicly accused of having sex with a then-17-year-old Virginia Giuffre, nee Roberts, while she was being trafficked by Epstein.
She tragically died by suicide last year. Mountbatten-Windsor has always denied all allegations of wrongdoing.
Her brother, Sky Roberts, spoke to the Sun this week, demanding answers as to why the perpetrators’ names in the files were redacted while survivors’ names weren’t.
“The public still does not have the full truth about who enabled Epstein, who participated in his exploitation and who has been shielded for years.”
Meanwhile, it was confirmed last week that Thames Valley Police is now looking into allegations that he shared confidential documents with the convicted sex offender while working in an official capacity as the UK trade envoy.
Buckingham Palace released a statement declaring the royal family “stand ready” to support police investigations into Mountbatten-Windsor over his ties to Epstein.
“The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct,” the Palace said in a statement last Monday night, UK time.
“While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.
“As was previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse.”
Following the release of the Epstein files, there was a harrowing new development about shocking photos of Mountbatten-Windsor at the billionaire’s New York home, featuring him crouched down on all fours over a woman on the floor.
The woman in the images has been identified as a sex-trafficking victim, according to California congressman Ted Lieu.
The allegation surfaced during a dramatic four-hour congressional hearing this week, during which Lieu grilled US Attorney General Pam Bondi on why charges have never been brought for Mountbatten-Windsor.
“Please put the photos back up, we are looking at a sex trafficking victim under the federal Victims Trafficking Protection Act, not only is Jeffrey Epstein guilty, but anyone who patronised Epstein’s sex operation is also guilty of a crime,” he said.
“That’s why I find it absolutely despicable that you sought to protect Epstein’s clients, like former Prince Andrew.
“These two photos staring you in the face are evidence of a crime, and more than enough evidence to predicate an investigation against former Prince Andrew.
“So I asked you, Attorney-General Counsel, why did you shut down this investigation last July? And why have you not prosecuted former Prince Andrew?”
Last year, the Department of Justice stated that it had found no basis for charges against Mountbatten-Windsor, and that it had not uncovered evidence to investigate any other third parties linked to Epstein.
The latest images of Mountbatten-Windsor contain no visible evidence of criminal activity.
Sign up to Herald Premium Editor’s Picks, delivered straight to your inbox every Friday. Editor-in-Chief Murray Kirkness picks the week’s best features, interviews and investigations. Sign up for Herald Premium here.