In case you missed it: This was one our most-watched videos of 2017

An eight-year-old boy was left honking with every breath after swallowing a party hooter.

Doctors had to operate to remove the whistle from the boy's throat - with the doctor sharing footage of him online to show parents the danger the popular party feature can pose.

Doctor Gomez Zuviria released the clip, which was shot in a hospital's emergency room in the north-western Argentine province of Tucuman.

The small plastic whistle.
The small plastic whistle.

It shows the boy looking into the camera and making honking sounds when he breathes.

The clip has since had 6.6 million views.

The small white plastic whistle had lodged in the boy's windpipe and required surgery to remove.

The boy is expected to make a full recovery.