A man who caused life-changing injuries to the genital area of his female lover after a sexual fantasy went catastrophically wrong, has been jailed for a decade.

David Jeffers, 47, fled from a Manchester hotel leaving his partner dying on a bed after a loaded shotgun, which was inserted into her vagina, was mistakenly fired, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The 46 year-old victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had informed her partner of her sexual desires via text message a few days prior to the incident, which left her with life changing injuries to her bladder and female reproductive organs, with one message saying: "I can't sleep, so excited."

The victim, who worked as a manager in Stockport, Greater Manchester, had arranged and paid for Jeffers to stay with her at the Britannia Hotel on the evening of January 30 where the couple consumed drink and drugs before engaging in sexual activity.


Sometime after, Jeffers, who lives in Harehills, Leeds, inserted the loaded shotgun, which he claims to have found in the toilet of the Wetherspoon's pub at Leeds train station, into her genital area where it is agreed his hand was on the trigger at the time it went off.

In horror, as his victim lay naked on the bed, Jeffers dressed himself and fled the hotel via a rear exit after phoning reception and informing a manager that a female had been shot before making his way to Piccadilly train station where he caught a train back to Leeds.

When an employee of the hotel went upstairs to the room shared by the couple, the victim was heard to say: "I am in agony, I am going to die."

She was rushed to Manchester Royal Infirmary with multiple gun shot pellets in the abdomen and received significant trauma injuries. The victim received emergency surgery which saved her life but is recovering from life changing injuries.

In hospital, she informed medical staff of the traumatic experience and explained that Jeffers was a "bad man" who tried to "blow her insides out".

On Friday, at Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court, Jeffers who was due to stand trial for attempted murder, pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life after it emerged that the victim had agreed to take part in the act as part of her own sexual fantasy.

Jeffers received a 10 year custodial sentence for what a judge described as "a sexual fantasy with dreadful consequences".

Prosecuting, Peter Wright QC, said: "The defendant is 47 years of age and falls to be sentenced upon count three of the indictment. The victim is 46 years of age and was employed in the Stockport area which was some distance from her home and would regularly stay over at the Britannia.


"On the evening of the 30th of January 2017 she was stayed at the hotel where the defendant met her and they spent the evening together. Text messages between the two confirmed this was an intimate relationship. The defendant had access to a loaded fire arm which has never been found.

"The weapon, as described by both the victim and defendant was some form of shot gun or weapon capable of discharging shots. In appearance it looked like a small hand gun or musket of some form.

"From text messages received from his sister's phone it would appear that the defendant was no stranger to the possession of a loaded fire arm. Whether the text message related to the fire arm used that evening it is not possible to say but acquisition of this fire arm was not by chance.

"Drugs and alcohol had been consumed by both of them and tests confirmed the presence of cocaine in the victim's system and there is CCTV footage of the pair purchasing spirits from a nearby off license that evening.

"There was consensual sex and at some stage the defendant inserted the loaded firearm into her vagina which was then discharged, casing catastrophic internal injuries.

"As she lay grievously injured the defendant dressed and took with him the firearm and his mobile phone, using the room phone to dial reception and request an ambulance indicating that a female had been shot. He then left the hotel by the rear exit where he then fled to Leeds making no further enquiries about his victim's well-being.

"The night manager who answered the phone went upstairs to investigate and once in the room he saw her laying naked face down on the bed and was in-coherent saying she had been shot. She was in considerable pain saying: 'I am in agony, I am going to die.'"