The Nine Network insists it won't reconsider the sacking of two young Brisbane reporters for faking live helicopter crosses to the search site for a missing teenager.

Journalists Cameron Price and Melissa Mallet were dismissed yesterday, following a two-day investigation into the fake weekend crosses to the area where shoes and bones thought to belong to Daniel Morcombe had been found on the Sunshine Coast.

News producer Aaron Wakely was also sacked, while the Brisbane director of news Lee Anderson resigned after 25 years with Nine.

Price indicated on Twitter he would seek legal advice.

Advertisement

But Nine Network spokesman David Hurley, who is also a former executive producer of A Current Affair, said there was no prospect of the decision being overturned.

"We're not going to have a debate about it,'' he told AAP on Friday.

"We've made our decision based on two full days of interviews and extraction of information.

"There's no prospect of changing that decision - you're not suggesting that somehow there's a sensible prospect of the decision changing 12 hours after it was announced?''

Asked about possible legal action by the journalists, Mr Hurley said, "That's a matter for them.''

On Twitter, Price said he had a clear conscience.

"I believe what happened today is completely unfair. And I am seeking advice on the matter,'' he wrote.

Network Ten political reporter Hugh Riminton, who previously worked as a Nine newsreader, said on Twitter he had heard rumours that Anderson had "resigned in protest at the sackings'' even though he was away at the time of the broadcasts.

Advertisement

On Saturday and Sunday nights, Nine claimed to be crossing live to Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast, where crews were searching for the remains of missing teenager Daniel Morcombe.

But the helicopter was either sitting on the helipad or hovering above the station's Mount Coot-tha base.

Nine Network managing director Jeffrey Browne said that while Anderson's resignation was the right decision in the circumstances, he acknowledged his ``long and distinguished service with Nine''.

"We rightly demand accountability and high standards of others, and we must meet those expectations ourselves,'' he said in a statement.

"Over the weekend we did not.

"Our clear determination is to ensure that sort of conduct is never repeated and we have drawn a very clear line in the sand by removing the staff involved in that breach of trust with our viewers.''

- AAP