If you think you'd make a great tour guide, this could be just the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Airbnb have announced the launch of Experiences in New Zealand, with almost 100 different activities on offer for locals and travellers to book.
While Airbnb is mainly known for offering holiday rentals, in 2016 it expanded to offer Experiences, where travellers can book in for activities hosted by inspiring locals.
Following a pilot launch in Queenstown last year, any enterprising Kiwis can now become an Experience host and show travellers what they love about New Zealand.
Some of the Experiences available in New Zealand include opportunities to create movie magic at Weta Studios, learn the Haka in Queenstown, or get a squash lesson from a former world champion in Auckland.
"Travellers are increasingly interested in exploring authentic experiences through the eyes of locals and with over 15,000 Experiences in more than 800 cities available to book worldwide, there is an activity on Airbnb for every kind of traveller," Sam McDonagh, Airbnb Country Manager for Australia and New Zealand said.
"The expansion of Experiences across all of New Zealand will help to boost tourism outside of city centres by attracting more people to regional areas. Experiences are a great way for creative entrepreneurs to tap into their passions and unlock economic opportunities through the platform. I'd encourage anyone in New Zealand with a passion they want to share to submit their unique Experience ideas and become an Airbnb host."
Here are a selection of some of the experiences on offer:
• Cuba Street Culinary Tour - Join self-confessed foodie Joshua, and visit exceptional restaurants around the most diverse area of Wellington - Cuba Street. Ranging from quirky to fancy, you will traverse the area, taking in sights and immersing yourself in the local foodie culture.
• A City to Rebuild - Devastated by earthquakes in 2010 and 2011, Christchurch native Gordon will take you on a walking tour of the local area and show you the buildings still bearing scars from these events.
• Discover the magic of Titanomagnitite - Former teachers, Graeme and Linda are long time Waiuku residents and passionate about the wonderful history and natural phenomena that surrounds the area. They will take you to an area where you can explore and experiment with magnets to create amazing sand formations using the sand's magnetic properties.
• Hidden Auckland with Lunch - Explore the hidden lanes, charming squares and open spaces of New Zealand's most diverse city on foot with your host Liz.
• Create Your Own Skincare Oil - Learn about botanical oils with Jo and why they're so good for skin as you experience a variety of different base and essential oils, and learn about their uses and beneficial properties.
• Be Your Own Guru - Spend the day recharging your mind, body, and soul on this immersive wellbeing experience with Luke, a former professional football player turned mindfulness and wellbeing coach.
• Wild & Peaceful NZ: Yoga, Art & Horses - See first hand the connection between humans and horses on this multi-day immersive experience with Rosemary. As a Social Impact Experience, Airbnb waives all it's fees and 100% of proceeds go to Equine Pathfinders Foundation (EPF), a registered charity making equine assisted growth and learning accessible to all.
• Glass beadmaking - Glassmaker Jo will teach you the ancient and fascinating method of creating flame worked glass beads, also known as lampworking. Learn how to make and decorate basic beads in colours of your choice.
• Ride Back in Time on a Big Wheel - Get a taste for the historic experience of learning to ride a high wheel in the Victorian Precinct of Oamaru with Sophia. The penny farthing, also known as the ordinary or high wheel were an integral part of Oamaru's landscape during its Victorian heyday of the 1880's.