NRL player Jarryd Hayne returns to court today where he will be served a new charge of sexual intercourse without consent, according to reports.
The 31-year-old was originally charged with aggravated sexual assault and inflicting actual bodily harm following an alleged incident last year.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald the second charge will be served today when he returns to court in Newcastle.
He appeared in court on December 10 and pleaded not guilty to a sexual assault charge.
According to court documents, Hayne is facing a single charge of aggravated sexual assault allegedly committed between 8pm and 10pm on September 30 on an unnamed 26-year-old female.
The court papers allege Hayne "did have sexual intercourse ... without her consent and knowing she was not consenting to the sexual intercourse in circumstances of aggravation, to wit at the time of the offence Jarryd Lee Hayne did recklessly inflict actual bodily harm on the said 26-year-old female".
Hayne made no comment at his last court appearance as a representative said, "as was said in court, Mr Hayne maintains his innocence and a plea of not guilty will be entered".