Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is yet to run on his injured ankle and will need to prove his fitness tomorrow before being cleared to play in Saturday's sudden death NRL finals clash against Penrith.

The Kiwi international fullback walked freely through the departure gates at Auckland airport today ahead of the Warriors flight to Sydney and showed no signs of the limp that he carried after suffering the injury in last week's win over Canberra.

Assistant coach Andrew McFadden is confident the club's Player of the Year will be right for their biggest game of the season but said a decision on Tuivasa-Sheck's availability would be made after tomorrow's captains run at ANZ Stadium.

Retiring back-rower Simon Mannering completed light duties at training yesterday and is expected to be fit for his 301st appearance despite carrying a sternum injury.


"We're hopeful. Roger hasn't run yet but that's just to give him the best chance physically," said McFadden.

"He's obviously played the majority of our games this year so he should be right and Simon had a good run yesterday so we're hopeful.

"He'll definitely have to have a run and that's when we'll get a real indication but he looks pretty good."

However, with Tuivasa-Sheck yet to test how his ankle holds up, McFadden admitted there was a chance he could miss the Warriors first finals appearance in seven years.

The Stephen Kearney coached side are prepared for the worst however, with centre Peta Hiku ready to switch to the No 1 role and bench utility Gerard Beale providing cover for the right edge.

"There is a chance [he might not play]. Obviously he's got to be fit but we're very hopeful," he said.

"He's worked around the clock and he's very professional and the medical staff seem to think he'll be fine.

"We've got Gerard Beale on the bench at the moment and Peta Hiku can just slot straight into that position if need be.


"We've got a bit of depth to us so if worst comes to worst we'll be fine."

The side was given a warm send-off by a number of the club's front office staff who surprised the players as they made their way through the departure lounge.

"It's a nice touch," said McFadden. "No one knew that this was happening so it's great the whole club has come out. It is very exciting. We're all looking forward to getting to Sydney and having a red hot crack.