Black Ferns prop Aldora Itunu is understood to have been cleared of serious injury after being taken from the pitch in the side's test win on Saturday night.

Itunu's night was cut short when she was taken from the field by medical staff late in the first half after a scrum and did not return. Early on, she set the ball rolling for the 45-17 Black Ferns win when she scored the opening try of the match.

Speaking to, Black Ferns coach Glenn Moore said he understood Itunu was not badly injured.

Itunu was a strong contributor in the first half of the match against the spirited Wallaroos at Eden Park as the Black Ferns attempted to build pressure which they could capitalise on in the latter part of the match.


''We wanted to take it to them up front," Moore said.

"We thought they were a wee bit suspect at times around the edges and we had done a lot of work this week getting latches and we scored tries off that.

''I think the pleasing part was that some of the things we worked on around their jamming defence we certainly got around them.

''We've got a new look team with a number of new faces and it's going to take a little bit of time to build that confidence and we're well aware of that but we were better this week and I'm confident we'll be better next time as well."

The result at Eden Park gave the Black Ferns a 2-0 series win, which enables them to retain the Laurie O'Reilly Memorial Trophy.

The Black Ferns won't play again now until the start of November when they take on the United States as part of a triple-header at Chicago's Soldier Field.

Their match is the first of the event, ahead of Ireland's clash against Italy and the Māori All Blacks match against the United States. The Black Ferns will then play two stand-alone tests against France.

For now, the players will return to their provincial sides to play in the Farah Palmer Cup competition. The women's provinicial competition gets underway at the weekend, with reigning champions Canterbury opening their account against Bay of Plenty.