Semi Radradra completed a miserable week by being booed loudly every time he touched the ball as Parramatta Eels played Cronulla Sharks on Saturday night.

The winger was a shock selection after he was charged with domestic violence offences on Friday.

Radradra had not trained with his teammates all week after an extended break in Fiji and only arrived back in Sydney late on Thursday night - when he was promptly arrested and questioned by police following allegations made against him by his former partner.

The 24-year-old was subsequently charged with assault causing actual bodily harm domestic violence, and two counts of common assault domestic violence, as well as being served with an apprehended violence order.


Radradra, who had scored 10 tries in 14 games this season, was largely ineffective against the Sharks as he was constantly jeered by the passionate Cronulla fans.

The Eels star, who has also been strongly linked to a big-money move to French rugby union in recent weeks, was totally overshadowed by team-mate Bevan French who scored a hat-trick of tries.

But even that was not enough to prevent the Sharks from sealing their 12th successive victory as they came strorming back from an early 18-0 deficit to win 34-24.

Ricky Leutele and Gerard Beale both touched down twice for Cronulla, but the game was still in the balance until Sosaia Feki grabbed his second try of the game in the 80th minute.

The Sharks now return to the top of the ladder having been briefly deposed after Melbourne Storm's huge 48-6 win over Brisbane Broncos on Friday night.

Eels coach Brad Arthur later insisted the defeat was not down to the controversy this week and refuted suggestions Radradra was not fully match fit due to his extended break.

'It hasn't affected our football - not in my eyes,' he told reporters after the game.

'Semi seems fine. He's disappointed like the rest of the boys that we lost. But he seems OK.

'He's been doing plenty of training in Fiji, so there's no concern there. I think the Sharks did a good job on him, getting three or four guys onto him every time, especially in the first half.'

Radradra, who was free to play after being released on conditional bail by police on Friday, is expected to appear in Parramatta Local Court on Tuesday.