Semi Radradra has returned to Sydney from Fiji after two weeks away and has been immediately detained by Sydney police in relation to domestic assault allegations.

Radradra flew into Sydney on the same flight as Jarryd Hayne on Thursday night and a police escort was waiting to whisk him away from the back door of the airport.

The NSW police later released a statement.

"A 24-year-old man has been detained by police at Sydney airport tonight," the statement read. "He has been taken to Mascot police station where he is assisting police with inquiries in relation to domestic violence matters."


Hayne spoke at the airport about Radradra.

"I'm more worried about the person himself than the athlete, that's the most important thing," he said.

"It would be great for him to stay there, for sure.

"Semi is back here now, he's obviously back at Parra and back playing.

"I spoke to him and by all accounts he's come back here and will play this weekend.

"He's a marquee guy. He's the biggest attacking weapon, along with (Corey Norman) and (Kieran) Foran, but he's the icing on the cake."

It was on Wednesday morning that news broke Radradra's former partner Perina Ting had filed for an apprehended violence order against the Eels star.

She alleges her then-partner assaulted her multiple times over a seven-month period during 2014 and 2015.

"I am coping," Ting told The Daily Telegraph. "It has been very stressful ... my mother flew into the country yesterday. No one is above the laws of this country."

Ting claimed Radradra kicked her in the stomach a few weeks before the birth of the couple's daughter Luisa in 2014. There was no injury to the couple's daughter Luisa, born a few weeks later.

The other two reported ­incidents are understood to ­include similarly untested ­allegations that Radradra punched Ms Ting and pushed her against a wall.

The Eels star's sister Vaseva Waqavatu said Radradra had slammed the allegations as "made-up stories".

It has put an ugly twist on a situation that already appeared to be getting out of control.

Radradra's future in rugby league is up in the air as mail grows strong he will ditch the Eels to join overseas rugby on big money.

Parramatta has threatened to demand compensation of up to $500,000 from the Fijian winger if he does break his contract.

Radradra was granted leave by Parramatta following the club's round 15 game a fortnight ago.

He flew to Fiji and has been on his home island since, only arriving back in Australia on Thursday night.