It's back to the crystal ball to work out how the Super Rugby playoffs would play out if the season ended today:
Crusaders (Seed 1) vs Sharks (Seed 8)
Lions (Seed 2) vs Highlanders (Seed 7)
Bulls (seed 3) vs Hurricanes (Seed 6)
Brumbies (Seed 4) vs Chiefs (Seed 5)
- The Crusaders take back top spot from the Chiefs and home advantage throughout the playoffs. The Chiefs would head to Canberra to play the Brumbies.
- The Brumbies would be the only Australian side in the playoffs but the Waratahs sit just one point behind eighth placed the Sharks at the moment.
- The Lions look pretty secure at the top of Africa 2 now seven points clear of the Sharks/
- The Hurricanes and Highlanders swapped sixth and seventh seeds after the 'Canes beat the Highlanders on Friday night.
- The Stormers hold a four point lead atop Africa 1 over the Bulls.
Coming up...in July
- The Chiefs and Crusaders face off in the first round of action following the international break in Suva.
- In another one-two clash the Lions host the Sharks in round 15.
- The Highlanders head to South Africa where they face the two-win Kings before stopping off in Argentina on the way home.
- The Hurricanes host the Blues in Wellington as the Blues are still in playoff contention. They'd need to win their last three games against the Canes, Brumbies and Waratahs to make that playoffs. - In the battle for the Australian Conference the Brumbies host the Reds while the Waratahs travel to Tokyo.
- For Africa 1, the Stormers are on the road in Australia following the break while the Bulls must go to Argentina.