After Steven Adams and the Thunder enjoyed their time to shine, game two of the Western Conference finals was all about Steph Curry.

Golden State this afternoon levelled the seven-game series at one game apiece after Curry unleashed an electric shooting display to see off Oklahoma City 118-91.

The two-time MVP turned a tight game on its head in the third quarter at Oracle Arena, needing less than five minutes to score 17 points in an outburst Adams and his teammates were powerless to prevent.

"Business as usual," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said of his star. "This is what he does."


Curry finished with 28 points to ensure his side maintained their remarkable run of avoiding consecutive defeats, having finished a record-setting regular season 73-9 without suffering back-to-back losses.

Taking a 1-1 split home to Oklahoma represented a decent result for the Thunder but, having shocked the defending champions in Tuesday's opener, Kevin Durant described his side as unsatisfied.

"We're upset," he said. "We weren't happy because we only won one game. We were upset that we didn't play well tonight and get the second one."

Durant initially appeared to put the Thunder in a strong position, riding a dominant first half to a game-high 29 points, while Adams grabbed nine points and 10 rebounds in 34 minutes on the floor.

A missed free throw saw the centre's streak of consecutive double-doubles snapped at four but he was perhaps satisfied in playing another significant role, having been forced from the floor early in the first quarter after Festus Ezeli landed awkwardly on Adams' back while chasing a rebound.

Adams limped to the locker room and received medical attention before returning to action, but his presence was not enough to restrict the Warriors' dominance on the boards, earning a 45-36 advantage in the game and pulling down a pivotal 15 offensive rebounds.

Given that disparity was largely built early, the Thunder had done well to level the game late in the first half, but then two things happened: Golden State closed the second period on an 8-0 run to lead by eight at halftime and, after the break, Curry took over.

The guard had attempted only one shot in the second quarter but such restraint was never going the last. In the blink of an eye, Curry embarked on a personal 15-2 run to blow open the game, finishing the quarter with 17 points and giving the Warriors a big buffer they would never squander.

With the game decided, Adams and his fellow Thunder starters spent much of the fourth quarter resting on the bench, left to contemplate what they could possibly do to stop Curry in Monday afternoon's (NZT) game three.