By ANNE GIBSON
A new directory of property folk has just been published by the Property Council of New Zealand.
The $95 reference guide, People in Property 2000, is available to members of the council only.
It was last published in a full format in 1996, although updates have been issued to members in the interim.
The guide is divided into sections, which include:
* General information on the council's corporate members and sponsors, membership categories and industry classifications.
* Listings of the council's branches and committees.
* Directory listings which give a guide to members of the council, listing company names, representatives' names and addresses, as well as their phone and fax numbers and email addresses.
* A trade index which shows what members do.
* A representatives' index which lists principal contacts for member companies.
The guide provides a key reference document for assessing the property industry's major players, according to the council's national director, John Dakin.
The council was launched on April 1 last year. It was formerly known as the Building Owners and Managers Association.
Members of the association include property owners and investors, developers, managers, real estate agents, valuers, banks, contractors, project managers, building services and maintenance companies and engineers.
* Members can obtain the guide from the Property Council of New Zealand, telephone 373-3086 or by contacting it by e-mail on email@example.com. The web site can be visited at www.propertynz.co.nz.
By ANNE GIBSON