1. The promotion allows the entrant to go in the draw to win a return trip to London for two to see the Kiwis v England on 7 November 2015.
2. The winner will win receive international flights for two to London ex Auckland, Five night's accommodation in London and two tickets to the game.
HOW TO ENTER
3. The Promotion Period begins on Thursday 21 October and entries close on Monday 26 October 11.45pm.
4. Entry is via www.nzherald.co.nz/nzrl
5. There will be one winner drawn by staff at NZME. The winner will be advised and confirmed by on Tuesday 27 October by phone.
6. Entrants must be over the age of 18 and hold a valid NZ passport.
7. The entrant and their travelling companion must hold passports valid for travel to England.
8. Participants must be able to fly to London on 3 November at 22: 55 Auckland International Airport. Winners must return to Auckland International Airport on11 November.
9. The Major Prize consists of:
a. Return economy flights for two to London supplied by NZRL. Transfers to and from airports must be covered by the winner. Airport taxes are not included in the prize. Winners must travel on the dates provided by NZRL upon being awarded the prize.
b. Two tickets to the England test match in London on Saturday 7 November
c. 5night's accommodation for two in London supplied by Intercontinental Hotel park Lane
d. Winners will be responsible for paying for any incidentals that occur during their stay at the accommodation. Winner must hold a current Credit Card to present on arrival.
10. Winners will be responsible for all additional expenses not mentioned above, and are encouraged to take out travel insurance prior to departure.
11. Please note the Prize can not be forfeited/transferable for cash.
NZME GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents, except employees (and such employees' immediate families) of NZME. Limited.
3. How to Enter: Entry into a Herald competition requires a person to complete the online entry form in full.
4. In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, NZME. collects personal information and the Promoter holds personal information to conduct the giveaway, notify prize winners, verify prize winners' identities and may be used by the Promoter, for future promotional activities. Individuals have rights to access and request correction of their personal information held by NZME. by calling NZME. on 09 373 6400. Failure to provide all requested personal information may result in the entry being invalid.
5. Entrants and e-newsletter subscribers are identified by the email address used to subscribe. Any prize won by a web entrant will be awarded to the holder of the email address (or that person's parent/guardian if the winner(s) is/are under 18 and the nature of the prize requires the winner(s) to be over 18 years of age) from which that entry was submitted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for disputes resulting from email newsletter subscriptions and entries submitted using an email address belonging to any other person.
6. The competition closes at 11:45pm on Monday, October 26, 2015. Winners will be notified by phone, email or post. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, credit or service and no exchange communications will be entered into. Winners will be randomly drawn within one week of the competition closing date. If the prize has limited date validity and is not claimed within the necessary timeframe the Promoter may re-draw a new winner.
7. Winners will be sent their prize after the promotion has closed.
8. The prize consists of Economy flights for 2 departing 3 November returning 9 November, Five nights accommodation at the Intercontinental Park Lane, A BLK prize pack, 2 Tickets to Kiwis v England at Olympic Stadium in London, A chance to meet members of the Kiwis team. The prize does not include meals or transfers - this will be at winners own cost.
9. Each entrant agrees that, if he or she wins a prize, his or her details (including name, suburb/town, and photo) may be published in the Herald (print and/or online) and used for other publicity purposes.
10. All entries are deemed received at the time of receipt by NZME's database and NOT at time of transmission by the entrant. NZME's records are conclusive as to time of receipt. Late, misdirected, illegal, incomplete or illegible, are invalid. NZME is not responsible for such entries nor for any error, technical malfunction, loss, omission, communications delay or failure.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms, and to modify, terminate or reschedule the Competition, and to substitute any of the prizes for a similar prize of the same value.
12. The Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage or injury (including and without limitation any indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any person in connection with the Competition and prize, except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
13. By entering into this promotion you expressly consent to receiving promotional offers from the Promoter. Such promotional offers will be sent to the email address or to the delivery address that you have provided in completing the promotion entry form.
14. The New Zealand Herald and TimeOut magazine is published by NZME. Publishing Limited, 46 Albert Street, PO Box 32, Auckland.
15. The Promoter is NZME. Publishing Limited, who's registered office is located at 46 Albert St, Auckland City.
NZRL PROMOTION RULES
The 'Promoter' is New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL).
'Disqualified Participants' are:
(a) all NZRL employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
(c) all people who have won a prize from NZRL in the last 14 days. If the previously won prize was valued at over $1000, the winner must stand-down from entering for a period of 90 days.
'Immediate Families' include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
6. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. NZRL reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. NZRL reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who NZRL decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant NZRL exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification - active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion's completion.
Winning the Prize
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize ('the Winner').
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules - if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
15. The Judge's determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by NZRL. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts) the Judge will select another winner.
17. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner's behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
18. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver's licence, passport, birth certificate). .
19. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies NZRL in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
20. Where the prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic ("the Travel Prize"):
a) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
i. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
ii. The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
c) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
d) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
e) Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
f) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
g) The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
h) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
21. NZRL reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law NZRL will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
24. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NZRL control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NZRL has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
25. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
26. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.