A person has been critically injured in a garage fire in Hawke's Bay this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the garage in King St, Taradale, just after 2.30pm.
St John Ambulance officers were still on the scene helping the injured person, who will be taken to Hawke's Bay Hospital, a St John spokesman said.
The fire was well-involved when firefighters arrived, Fire and Emergency central shift leader David Meikle said.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
It was now out.
Two fire appliances from Napier and one from Taradale attended, he said.
• Australian bush fires bring smoky haze, stunning sunsets and high temperatures to NZ
• Helicopters called to fight blaze on Scroggs Hill near Brighton
• Premium - SkyCity convention centre fire: Up to estimated $250m to repair the damage
• Unusual 'buffer' that changed fire's course, protected Sydney