A woman charged in connection with a murder case has had her charge dropped.

Natasha Telford, 43, from Taupo, appeared in the High Court at Rotorua today via audio visual link on a charge of being a party to robbing Scott Henry while armed with a firearm.

Henry was shot and killed on July 20 last year near Kinloch.

Crown solicitor Amanda Gordon said the Crown did not offer any evidence relating to Telford.


Justice Sarah Katz discharged Telford.

Three men appeared separate to Telford in the High Court relating to the same case.

Whakapumatanga Clarke, 25, Cody Paul Griffin, 25, and Daniel George Chase, 22, all from Taupo, are each facing joint charges of murdering Henry and aggravated robbery of Henry.

They have previously pleaded not guilty and are set to stand trial on August 6.

Justice Katz remanded all three in custody to reappear for another pre-trial callover on April 19.

Lawyer Jonathan Temm, who represents Griffin, raised an issue with Justice Katz about the three-week trial being heard in the High Court at Hamilton.

Temm said although it was the court's convenience to hold the trial in Hamilton, it was at everyone else's inconvenience.

"This is a Taupo case, everyone has to travel to meet the court's convenience."

Justice Katz said she understood Temm's frustration, however the reality was the High Court at Rotorua was booked every week until March next year and this trial had to be heard in Hamilton if it were to be heard in a timely fashion.

"Everyone is mindful it is undesirable."

Temm reiterated he had been practising in the courts in Rotorua for more than 20 years and knew all too well the challenges of getting trials heard in a timely fashion.

He said he was simply saying if time in the High Court in Rotorua should become available, this case should be given priority.

Justice Katz replied: "I have heard you, there is nothing more I can do. I can't make up another courtroom in Rotorua."

Henry, 48, died from a single gunshot to the chest and was later found by a family member at his property in Whangamata Rd, Kinloch.

The three men were charged in September last year.