A fire in a toilet block at Avondale College this afternoon is being treated as arson.

Firefighters were called to the college at 1.07pm today to find the fire was out when they arrived.

Northern Fire Communications shift manager Jaron Phillips said two appliances attended the fire and the internal wall of the toilet block was still smouldering.

Police are on site and a specialist fire investigator is on site to determine the cause of the fire.


"It is being treated as arson," Phillips said.