The prominent New Zealander granted name suppression over his sexual offending has a profile on an online dating website.
The fact the man's identity remains secret has caused widespread outrage, and his victim, Central Otago woman Louise Hemsley, was so angry she recently had her suppression lifted to talk about the case.
The man's profile on the dating site features his photo and includes details such as his age, occupation and that he is a non-smoker who "drinks regularly".
The profile says the man's idea of a perfect match was a woman with "a sense of humour and laid back" and his ideal date was to "cook her dinner".
When contacted by the Herald on Sunday this week, the man claimed the online listing had been created by a mate in a bid for the friend to get dates.
He said he had asked his friend to shut down the page because he didn't know how to, and his profile had not attracted any positive responses.
He had no interest in meeting women via an online site, he said.
"Why are you going after me? This is a witch hunt," the man said.
He added his wife had no idea about the online profile.
Louise Nicholas, survivor advocate for Rape Prevention Education said it was highly "inappropriate" for the man's profile to be registered on a dating site.
"It is a kick in the guts for the victim. That's why we are so outraged at his name being suppressed, being kept hidden - because he is a man that can harm and New Zealand women need to know that so they are kept safe," she said.
"This guy needs help - he is a danger to women."
Louise Nicholas, survivor advocate for Rape Prevention Education. Photo / Brett Phibbs
Nicholas urged women to take a friend on the first date for anyone they met via online dating sites for safety reasons.
"If that person doesn't like that idea then obviously his intention is more than a date.
"This is a playground for predators." In August 2012 the man pleaded guilty to a charge of performing an indecent act on Hemsley.
Before the dating profile emerged, the man said he had made amends with his wife, adding she supported him more than ever, "especially since Louise Hemsley's [recent] television interview".
He was initially convicted and ordered to pay $5000 emotional harm reparation and $1500 in counselling costs. But on appeal he was discharged without conviction and given permanent name suppression.
Last month the man told the Herald on Sunday in a defiant interview the incident was "20 seconds of madness" that nearly destroyed his marriage and his relationship with his children.
He insisted the physical encounter was "mutual".
His relationship with his children was strained.
"This has almost destroyed my marriage.
"My daughter and son don't talk to me. They think I am a crim."