Emergency services have been called to a fire in the roof of a house in Manurewa this evening.

A Fire Service spokeswoman said they had received multiple calls about the fire in the Senator Drive house.

"It's a fire in the roof that appears to be spreading rather rapidly," she said.

There was no indication fireworks had been involved in starting the fire, she said.

Advertisement

One person was treated by ambulance for smoke inhalation, she said.

By 8.45pm tonight, the Fire Service had responded to eight fireworks-related incidents around the country.

None were serious.