A New Zealand woman who fell prey to an alleged group sexual assault in Sydney after using Tinder is "struggling" after returning home to be with family and friends.
The 28-year-old businesswoman met a man she matched up with on the mobile dating app at a restaurant in Kings Cross on Saturday night before continuing to an inner-city bar, where they were joined by the man's friends.
It is suspected she may have been drugged at the bar, as she later began feeling numb, dizzy, and unaware of her surroundings.
She was later sexually assaulted by at least three men in a property in the Botany area in the city's south, police say.
"As you would expect the victim is struggling," Detective Inspector Michael Haddow said.
"It's a very emotional time for her. A very difficult incident, the whole matter."
After waking up at a property in the Botany area on Sunday, she told her colleagues and reported the incident to a hospital and to police on Monday.
Sex Crime Squad investigators are speaking with a number of people and businesses, including the dating app, but are yet to identify any suspects.
"We certainly believe there was at least three men involved," Insp Haddow said.
Police have called for online daters to be cautious when meeting strangers for the first time.
"Whilst most people are using these apps for legitimate reasons ... the persona a person represents online on a mobile dating app may be somewhat different to their real life persona," Insp Haddow said.
"The message is not to not use sites like this, but ... to do so with a degree of caution."
Last month a New Zealand tourist Warrienna Wright, 26, fell to her death from a Gold Coast apartment balcony hours after meeting a man she matched with on Tinder.
Gable Tostee, a 28-year-old carpet layer, has been charged with Ms Wright's murder.