Hundreds of Cantabrians have turned out to attend the funeral of former Canterbury TV host Joanne (Jo) Giles, who died in the February 22nd earthquake.

Marquees have been set up at the Riccarton Race Course to accommodate the crowds who turned out in droves in the pouring rain to pay their respects.

Ten Ferraris were parked at the entrance to honour the motorsport enthusiast who was a speedway regular at Ashburton race track.

Abba's Dancing Queen set the tone for the service, which was billed as a celebration of Jo's life and was attended by family members and friends as well as CTV staff, advertisers, jockeys and speedway drivers.

The 60-year-old mother-of-four was also a jockey and she represented New Zealand in pistol shooting at two Oceania Games and a World Cup.

She also tried her hand at politics, standing for the Christchurch mayoralty in 2007.

More than 20 people spoke during the service, including Ms Giles' brother, Hamish Rennie, who said it was not fair he had to give a speech as she was the one who was good at public speaking

"My biggest regret was not telling you how much admiration I have for your achievements."

Meanwhile, police have today released the names of a further two people who died in the earthquake, including one police employee.

Pamela (Pam) O'Brien, 54, who had worked for the police for 17 years, died in the devastated Canterbury Television Building where she was attending a work-related appointment.

Tamara Lia Harca, 59, a Christchurch resident from Romania, was also today named as one of the victims.

She also died in the CTV building, where she was an English language teacher at King's Education on the third floor.

Mrs Harca came to New Zealand seven years ago with her husband and one of her sons.

"We have never witnessed something like this before. It is probably the darkest day in New Zealand's history," her son Sebastian after the quake.

This brings the total number of names released to 148.

In a statement, Police Commissioner Howard Broad said it was with great sadness police were advising of Pam O'Brien's death.

She started with police 17 years ago in New Plymouth, where she worked with the Criminal Investigation Bureau and as a management assistant to the local area commander, the statement said.

"She moved to Christchurch in 2001 and worked as an analyst, a receptionist
for the Papanui Station and most recently in the child protection team.

"She has held a variety of roles in areas of policing which I consider to
be the hard areas of our job, and she has done these jobs well.

"Pam has a loving family and we send them our heartfelt and deepest
sympathies. She is also sadly missed by her wider police family."

- Star Canterbury and NZ Herald staff