Thousands of commuters are being enticed to dust off their bicycles in exchange for a free breakfast tomorrow as part of the annual Go by Bike Day.
In Auckland tomorrow, Go by Bike Day pit stops will be held between 7am and 9am at seven locations across the city.
Those turning up on a bike will be rewarded with a free breakfast on the go while bicycle mechanics conduct free bicycle maintenance and safety checks.
Last year around 80,000 commuters took part in the NZ Transport Agency run Bike Wise Month at around 850 events across the country and this year will mark the 13th year of the programme, NZTA national cycling manager Dougal List said.
Cycling was a great way to bring families together, socialise with friends, and meet like-minded enthusiasts, he said.
Go By Bike Day pit stops in Auckland:
* North Shore - Caffe Massimo, Takapuna, a celebration picnic will later be held at The Boulevard, Takapuna at 11am
* Central - Corner of Alten Road and Beach Road
* Central - Upper Queen Street by Grafton Gully cycleway entrance
* Waiheke - Matiatia Ferry Terminal
* West Auckland - North-western cycleway by Unitec
* South Auckland - Near the old Mangere Bridge, Coronation Road