Police investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a body in the back of a vehicle in a North Shore carpark are not treating it as suspicious.
It comes after officers were called to a carpark on Beach Rd in Browns Bay, just before 6pm yesterday, after reports of a sudden death.
Police said this morning that they had made a number of inquiries after the death of a man at a property in Browns Bay last night.
"At this early stage, the death is not being treated as suspicious and will be referred to a coroner," a spokeswoman said.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
"[The] police's thoughts and heartfelt sympathies got out to the man's family."
Yesterday, up to seven police vehicles were at the scene as a wide cordon was put up around the area.
A witness reported seeing a number of officers in white forensic suits working inside the cordoned area and in and around the vehicle involved.
Where to get help:
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• Helpline: 1737
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.