Warning: Graphic content
A US woman has shared the horrifying injuries she suffered after a chihuahua attacked her and bit off her eyelid.
Kelsey Salmon said she had been having eyelash extensions applied on her birthday last weekend when the lash technician's pet dog jumped on her and "bit me in the face".
It was only after the scuffle that Kelsey looked down at the floor and realised the dog had pulled off the eyelid on her right eye and she started "flipping out".
Recalling the incident in a series of TikTok videos, the Georgia woman said it took two hours to reattach her eyelid, stating her eye is now sewn shut and she's in a lot of pain.
After sharing a video titled, "Tell me your worst lash experience" – in which the 23-year-old shared eye-watering photos of her face missing an eyelid – Kelsey went into more detail in a second clip.
"So the situation was not from the lashes itself; it happened at the lash tech's house," she explained in a TikTok video.
"She had a chihuahua and right after I was done getting my lashes done, he jumped up and bit me in the face.
"It happened so fast, I didn't know what he grabbed."
She felt something fall to the floor, prompting the lash technician picked it up, before stating: "You dropped your eyelid."
"That's when I started flipping out, she called 911, I went to the ER and was in emergency for 15 hours on my birthday.
"It took two hours to reattach it."
She went on to say her eye was now sewn shut to help it heal but that it will take weeks of recovery.
Every day Kelsey has to remove the metal eye patch she sleeps in and ices the area as it is extremely swollen before her mum puts drops in.
She then has to apply a special gel to the lid to help the wound heal.
Understandably, Kelsey's videos have attracted millions of views, with many praising Kelsey for being "so strong".
"OMG, I'm so sorry, sending good vibes your way. Hope you heal really quickly," one said.
"Damn, you're so lucky it didn't cause blindness," another wrote.
"Oh my God, will it heal? Like, with blinks? I am shocked and appalled," someone else stated.
Others were shocked by the lash technician's alleged response, stating the story served as a warning never to go to a home salon.
"Thank you for reminding me that I don't want extensions," one commented.