Dinner party guests eat in painful silence, preoccupied by fear of what the narrator might say. Photo / Thinkstock
New Zealand's very own version of British cooking show, Come Dine With Me will premiere next Monday night.
The eight-week series, hosted by comedian Guy Williams, will fill the prime time slot left vacant after the departure of Campbell Live.
Come Dine With Me is a British reality cooking competition that pits five guests against one another as they compete to host the best dinner party.
Each night, a different contestant cooks a three-course meal, before they are judged on their cooking and hosting abilities. The contestant with the highest score wins a cash prize of $2000.
Guy Williams will take on the role of narrator - made famous by Dave Lamb in the British version, who revels in the contestants' kitchen calamities and social faux pas.
To get in the Come Dine With Me mood we bring you ten of the best dinner party dishes:
• Chilli and lemongrass lamb
• Roast duck spring rolls with chilli lime dipping sauce
• Soba noodles and salmon
• Greek lamb and spinach spiral filo pie
• Spiced slow roasted lamb
• Roasted eye fillet of beef with rocket and shaved parmigiano reggiano
• Side of salmon
• Twelve-hour slow roast pork
• Harissa chicken, butternut and tomato bake
• Slow-cooked lamb with potato gnocchi and parsley oil
For more recipe ideas visit Bite.co.nz