Nadia Bartel has documented her pregnancy on her blog Chronicles of Nadia. Photo / Instagram
Nadia Bartel has documented her pregnancy on her blog Chronicles of Nadia. Photo / Instagram
A first time mum-to-be has spoken out about abusive comments made about her pregnancy.
Fashion blogger and wife of an AFL player, Nadia Bartel revealed in a post that strangers have commented on her diet and asked if her doctor is okay with the small size of her baby bump.
"These same strangers have also accused me of not eating enough and stating I am not the 'normal' size," the 30-year-old wrote on her blog, Chronicles of Nadia, on Tuesday.
She said she would never think to comment "on a lady's bump size, (other than to think how beautiful it is). Or to judge her on what she is eating, wearing or how much she is working. Each to their own! I have had so many rude comments from strangers on the street..."
She defended her pregnancy health writing: "I have gained seventeen kilos so far. So I am definitely in the normal range and not underweight."
While she discusses embracing being pregnant and feeling "more confident and sexier", she says it's also taught her that pregnancy "opens up women to a whole new world of criticism.
"I can imagine this is only going to get worse once the baby arrives as our parenting will then be scrutinised."
Bartel has documented her belly growth with her first child, the gender of which won't be revealed before its birth.