Jabba the Hutt, The Fly, King Kong, The Terminator and Freddy Krueger have made it on to a list of the most infamous movie monsters of all time.
Radio Times magazine has compiled 50 of the most frightening creations from film history.
They include the alien from the film of the same name, the Skeleton Army from Jason and the Argonauts (1963), the great white shark from Steven Spielberg's Jaws (1975), the werewolf from An American Werewolf in London (1981), T Rex from Jurassic Park (1993) and Blair Witch from The Blair Witch Project (1998).
Early film monsters include the Bride from Bride of Frankenstein (1935), Dracula (1931) and Mr Hyde from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1931/41), while later creations include Dementor, the evil creatures from the Harry Potter films.
The magazine is asking the public to pick the most memorable or frightening creation in its list.
Radio Times film editor Andrew Collins said: "Whether they emerge mutated from the sludge of atomic paranoia or haunt our dreams in human form wearing blade-fitted gloves, the best monsters stay with us long after the credits have rolled."
He added that while some monsters "take our breath away through scale... what's worse is what you don't see.
"Some would argue that the great white in Jaws is creepier when glimpsed as a tell-tale fin or a submerged silhouette than as a fibreglass model."
The poll closes on March 22.
Radio Times 50 Great Movie Monsters of all time (alphabetical order)
- Alien Alien (1979)
- Amphibious Gwoemul The Host (2006)
- Anaconda Anaconda (1997)
- Annabelle Doll The Conjuring (2013)
- Audrey II Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
- Babadook The Babadook (2014)
- Belial Basket Case (1982)
- Bioraptor Pitch Black (2000)
- Blair Witch The Blair Witch Project (1998)
- The Blob The Blob (1958/1988)
- The Bride Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
- Chucky Child's Play (1988)
- Clover Cloverfield (2008)
- Creeper Jeepers Creepers (2001)
- Critter Critters (1986)
- Dementor Harry Potter (2001-2011)
- Demon Night of the Demon (1957)
- Dracula Dracula (1931)
- The Fly The Fly (1958)
- Frankenstein's Creature Frankenstein (1931)
- Freddy Krueger A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Ghost The Grudge (2003/2004)
- Giant Octopus It Came From Beneath The Sea (1955)
- The Gill-Man Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954)
- Godzilla Godzilla (1954)
- Graboid Tremors (1990)
- Gremlin Gremlins (1984)
- Jabba the Hutt Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi (1983)
- Jaws Jaws (1975)
- Killer Tomatoes Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)
- King Kong King Kong (1933/2005)
- Kraken Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest & At World's End (2006/2007)
- Martian Mars Attacks! (1996)
- Mr Hyde Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (1931/1941)
- The Mummy The Mummy (1932)
- Pale Man Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
- Pinhead Hellraiser (1987)
- Pod People Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956/1978)
- Predator Predator (1987)
- Randall Boggs Monsters, Inc (2001)
- Sadako/Samara The Ring (1997/2002)
- Skeleton Army Jason And The Argonauts (1963)
- T Rex Jurassic Park (1993)
- Terminator The Terminator (1984)
- The Thing The Thing (1982)
- Triffid The Day Of The Triffids (1962)
- Troll Troll Hunter (2010)
- Ventriloquist's Dummy Magic (1978)
- Werewolf An American Werewolf In London (1981)
- Zombie Night of the Living Dead (1968)