It is one of the most successful franchises in the history of blockbuster films.
And while Orlando Bloom was initially reported to be skipping out on the fifth installment in the series, the actor is still in negotiations for Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Lies.
The 37-year-oldrevealed in an interview with IGN on Tuesday that he is in talks to star in the film, which will be shooting early next year in Australia.
Speaking with the publication, he said: "I'm not entirely sure that [I'll be back] just yet, but there are talks.
"Basically they want to reboot the whole franchise, I think, and do something with me and the relationship with my son.
"I'm of course Davey Jones now, so I'm down the bottom of the ocean. It might be kind of fun to do something where I'm rumbling round the bottom of the ocean, because I won't look anything like me. Get all gnarly."
Johnny Depp is the only major star from the first films who is confirmed for the fifth installment.
Geoffrey Rush may also come back to play Barbossa, while Javier Bardem is rumoured to be portraying a brand new villain named Captain Brand.
Dead Men Tell No Lies will be directed by Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg (Kon-Tiki) and is set for a July 2017 release.
Meanwhile, Australia's Department Of Agriculture's rule to quarantine certain animals for 30 days led to whispers that the filming of Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 in Queensland would be delayed.
But on Thursday last week a spokesperson from Jerry Buckheimer Films shot down those rumours.
"The bottom line is that all procedures are being observed and nothing is holding up production," they told Daily Mail Australia.
The Department Of Agriculture confirmed to Daily Mail Australia that the particular species is "subject to a 30-day quarantine period."
However, the Jerry Buckheimer Film spokesperson said this was taken into account and "it's really not a problem at all."
Filming is scheduled to begin in Queensland in February, with pre-production for the film, tentatively titled Dead Men Tell No Tales, having already begun in October.
The choice was made to film in Australia after the Queensland government offered over $21million in incentives for Jerry Bruckheimer Films to do so.
With a budget of over $250million, the fifth Pirates flick is set to be the largest production ever shot Down Under - which comes after the fourth film, On Stranger Tides, being the most expensive movie ever, having with a budget of $387million.
The franchise is one of the biggest in Hollywood history, having grossed over $3.7billion.
- Daily Mail