It was recently reported that Netflix acquired the world rights to BBC One's smash hit series, Bodyguard.
But despite being the streaming site's new star, Richard Madden wasn't given any preferential treatment as he relayed his complete bewilderment after being refused a bottle of water at the company's headquarters.
Speaking to Sam Rubin on KTLA Morning News earlier this week, the Scottish actor, 32, admitted he picked up a bottle of Netflix branded water, but was asked to put it back down as it was for 'employees only.'
Proving he was a good sport about the situation, Richard hilariously relayed the story: "I walked in and I was told I was in the wrong building. They told me I had to go around the corner.
"There was fridge of Netflix branded water, and I said, 'Cool, I'll just grab a bottle of water' - which I was told, 'No you're not allowed to, it's for Netflix-employees only."
Sam further pressed him on the outcome, and Richard responded: "I told them I am a Netflix employee. I am on a show. But they were like 'Sir, I'm going to ask you to leave
'Sir you have to put that water back now. You have to leave now, sir,' "he recalled.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Netflix for further comment.
His shock admission comes after The The Sun reported that Netflix have acquired the world rights to Bodyguard, and began streaming the first season in all countries other than the UK, Ireland and China on the service since October 24
Meanwhile, Richard also broke his silence on the swirling speculation that he is set to be the next James Bond.
The star who has been hotly tipped for the role following Daniel Craig's departure, appeared on a pre-recorded segment on Friday's episode of This Morning, where he admitted it was 'flattering to be involved in the conversation.'
Richard, who was interviewed on an American morning talk show, appeared red-faced over the complimentary casting rumours, but remained coy about his involvement - instead stating that "people make up things."
Richard's portrayal of a steely diplomatic protection officer in BBC drama Bodyguard and his bedroom antics with Home Secretary Julia Montague, played by Keeley Hawes, have made him the bookies' favourite.
However, Richard was reluctant to confirm or deny that he was 'in talks' for the popular 007 role.
He admitted: "It's really flattering. Although people make things up - but it is lovely to be involved in the conversation."
The interviewer cheekily attempted to pull the truth for him, and asked what was discussed when he sat down with executive producer Barbara Broccoli.
The question left Richard in hysterics as he proclaimed: "I'm not sitting down talking about it with Barbara Broccoli!"
This comes after heightened reports that he is set to be approached about the role by Barbara, who has the final say on all Bond characters.
A source said: "It's seriously looking like he [Madden] is going to get the job. Not only is he on top of Barbara's list, but she is preparing to offer the role."
If confirmed, Richard's selection would end a year of speculation as to who will succeed screen star Daniel, 50.
There was talk Idris Elba, 46, was the frontrunner after his impressive performance in the TV series Luther, as well a speculation that a female could take over the iconic role.
While Madden is considered the bookies favourite, others touted to take over as the eighth Bond include Tom Hiddleston, Tom Hardy and Henry Cavil, with Emily Blunt and Gillian Anderson believed to be the women who are being considered for the role.
Richard has seen immeasurable success with The Bodyguard and the BBC One's explosive season finale was the most-watched drama since records began in 2002.
The popular political thriller, which also stars Keeley Hawes, was watched by an audience of 17.1 million across 28 days, according to the BBC
The gripping series followed troubled bodyguard and police officer David Budd, played by Richard Madden and his relationship with controversial Home Secretary Julia Montague, played by Keeley Hawes, who was killed halfway through the series.
And a captivating finale tied up the loose ends in the TV whodunit, revealing that thwarted terrorist Nadia Ali was the person behind the fatal bomb.
The show's writer Jed Mercurio has hinted the series could have up to four instalments.
He told The Sun: "If the ratings hadn't been quite so high, then possibly everybody involved, including the BBC, would have said, 'Well that was a nice little series but we're just going to leave it at that and there won't be any more'.
"We do feel very privileged and fortunate that there's been such a response that it gives us that opportunity to at least think about doing more.
"We would probably approach any thoughts of a second series with the idea that it would create the opportunity for a third or fourth."