George Michael's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz will 'not be at his funeral' amid claims he has been banned by the late pop star's family.

The 43-year-old, who found his lover dead at his Oxfordshire home on Christmas Day, is 'not welcome' at the event, according to Michael's relatives.

It comes a day after it was revealed Mr Fawaz waited an hour to call an ambulance for Michael after trying to resuscitate the singer himself.

Michael's childhood friend Andros Georgiou told The Sun that 'the family hate' Mr Fawaz and added: 'Heaven help him if he turns up'.


He said: 'Fadi was not really his boyfriend. No one has spoken to him and he just seems to be getting on with his life. It makes my stomach turn.'

Mr Georgiou added Michael will be 'buried in his favourite black suit' from his Symphonica tour for the 'heartbreaking' farewell.

It is understood the Careless Whisper singer will also be buried with a gold Cartier watch and a ring engraved with his nickname 'Yog'.

As reported by MailOnline, during the four minute call placed by Fadi Fawaz to the ambulance service, he told them Michael was 'blue' and 'cold' and said resuscitation 'probably won't help'.

Mr Fawaz called the ambulance service and told the call handler: 'It's George Michael, I think he's dead. He's not breathing. He is in bed. He is cold and he is blue. He is very stiff.'

When the call handler asks if the death was expected, Mr Fawaz says: 'No, no, no, no, no, no. I've been waiting for him to wake him up for like, you know, for hours and he wouldn't wake up. I went to wake him up and he was gone, you know, he's not there.'

Mr Fawaz was told by police that he is no longer part of their investigation into the singer's death at the beginning of this month.

The celebrity hairdresser was quizzed by Thames Valley Police in January as they tried to piece together the last hours of the star's life before he died at his Oxfordshire home, aged 53.

Fawaz told them he spent Christmas Eve with the singer, but fell asleep in his car that night, only discovering he was dead when he went to wake him the following morning.

The family is still waiting to bury the singer's body, as toxicology tests were delayed.

Sources say toxicology reports on the 53-year-old - which were ordered when the post-mortem examination was 'inconclusive' - will not be completed until the end of February.

The tests will determine whether drugs contributed to Michael's death but can take around eight weeks to complete, meaning the singer's loved ones are still unable to hold the funeral.

After calling the emergency services, Mr Fawaz called his nephew Josh and told him that Michael had died

The toxicology tests, which were ordered at the end of December, will look at blood and tissue to establish whether any toxic substances contributed to Michael's death.

They cover prescription drugs, illegal drugs, alcohol and any other chemical substances which the toxicologist has been instructed to test for.

Until those tests have take place, the singer's body cannot be released by the coroner.

Mr Fawaz is said to have been frozen out by the star's grieving family, as well as the 'inner circle' of Michael's closest friends, following the publication of bizarre statements on his Twitter feed claiming Michael wanted to commit suicide.

In a series of messages ten days after the singer's death, it said: 'The only thing George wanted to do is die. He tried to kill himself many times and finally he managed.'