With the words, "you sold out my US tour," singing sensation Lorde told Twitter fans yesterday her upcoming tour of America, which kicks off in March, has completely sold out ahead of time.
A Universal Music rep confirmed the news, illustrating how the Takapuna teen's swift global rise continues to take the music world by storm.
Lorde's 16-date tour across North America starts in Texas on March 3 and makes stops in various cities including New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit and Toronto.
It winds up on the West Coast in Seattle and California at the end of the month.
Lorde's boyfriend James Lowe, 24, a photographer and brother of renowned Kiwi stylist Katherine Lowe, will be joining his 17-year-old girlfriend in the US.
"He's happy to trail around with her while she's touring," a friend said.
The Royals star will perform the hit song at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on January 26, where she's been nominated for song of the year, record of the year, best pop solo performance and best pop vocal album for Pure Heroine.
The song has also been included in the 20th anniversary edition of the Grammy Nominees album, out January 21.
It "represents some of the great songs and talented artists that make up this year's remarkable nominees," Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said.
Justin Timberlake, Pink, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are also on the album.
10 questions this week
1. Which male MP at a private, political pre-Christmas party got well lubricated and revealed his, er, Secret Santa? No surprise, the MP got a verbal lashing and was ordered to behave himself.
Will All Black skipper Richie McCaw pop the question to Black Sticks star Gemma Flynn? A friend of the pair emailed in this picture (right) from Wanaka over New Year when the lovebirds hosted an outdoorsy barbie with friends to celebrate Richie's 33rd birthday. Evidently the sporting couple like action on their down days - there was jet-boating and a hunting expedition, too. "Gemma and Richie were the perfect hosts and we wouldn't expect anything less from this loved-up couple", said the pal. Okay, when's the wedding?
3. Is Kate Hawkesby making a TV comeback? Rumours persist that the mother-of-five is keen for a return to the small screen. Could Seven Sharp use a Girl Friday?
Did Nicola Robinson (aka Nicky Watson) shun the mince pies at Christmas? Evidently so. The comely beauty, who also shuns A-list parties for a quiet life in Sydney with celebrity chef Pete Evans, posted this va-va-voom snap (left) of herself with her beau's daughters, Chilli and Indii. Check out her abs.
5. Can Lorde and her boyfriend James go anywhere without being ogled? The young lovebirds walked down Ponsonby Rd on Monday night to a Mexican diner to much staring and tittering. The teen pop star may have scored a multimillion-dollar publishing deal last year, but she was apparently sporting a $3 emerald green dress from a thrift shop.
6. Which broadcaster is said to be considering a move into politics and a small sideshow party?
7. Will notoriously grumpy British rocker Liam Gallagher bring new squeeze Debbie Gwyther to Auckland next week when his band Beady Eye perform at the Big Day Out? The former Oasis frontman was snapped looking loved-up in Thailand last week with his new girlfriend. He recently split from wife Nicole Appleton after allegations of infidelity and a love child. Reports this week say his long-standing feud with brother Noel may be over. Apparently they patched things up at a family wedding in Ireland and are reportedly looking to open a bar together with their mum.
8. Is Bradley Goudie public enemy number one? The 18-year-old posted a YouTube video of a 9-year-old boy drunk at a Hamilton skate park, but he's copping it from Twitter critics who say it was irresponsible to upload it and show the child's face. They say he should have used his phone to call for help - not video the incident.
9. Has mayoral mistress Bevan Chuang scotched a future in politics in favour of millinery? Len Brown's former lover is now making and selling fascinators. She sported a floral headpiece during her interview with RadioLive's Wallace Chapman this week in which she said she'd been approached by three political parties. "I don't want to be an MP. Not now. I wanna be able to enjoy life and make hair accessories," she tweeted.
10. Did Kim Dotcom's nanny break her leg and end up in North Shore Hospital? The grapevine is awash with rumours that the child-carer was in a golf cart on mansion grounds and was forced to jump off while it was moving at speed.