Saturday, 13 April 2024
KaitaiaWhangareiDargavilleAucklandThamesTaurangaHamiltonWhakataneRotoruaTokoroaTe KuitiTaumarunuiTaupoGisborneNew PlymouthNapierHastingsDannevirkeWhanganuiPalmerston NorthLevinParaparaumuMastertonWellingtonMotuekaNelsonBlenheimWestportReeftonKaikouraGreymouthHokitikaChristchurchAshburtonTimaruWanakaOamaruQueenstownDunedinGoreInvercargill
NZ HeraldThe Northern AdvocateThe Northland AgeThe AucklanderWaikato HeraldBay Of Plenty TimesRotorua Daily PostHawke's Bay TodayWhanganui ChronicleThe Stratford PressManawatu GuardianKapiti NewsHorowhenua ChronicleTe Awamutu CourierVivaEat WellOneRoofDRIVEN Car GuideThe CountryPhoto SalesiHeart RadioRestaurant Hub
Voyager 2023 media awards
Subscribe
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Home / Entertainment

Madeleine Sami hits out at Woman's Day for 'papping' 11-month-old daughter

NZ Herald
15 Oct, 2018 09:35 PM4 mins to read
Saveshare

Share this article

facebookcopy linktwitterlinkedinredditemail
Madeleine Sami has called out Woman's Day for "papping" her baby. Photo / Supplied

Madeleine Sami has called out Woman's Day for "papping" her baby. Photo / Supplied

Madeleine Sami has spoken out against Woman's Day magazine for "papping" her 11-month-old daughter.

Speaking to the Herald for 12 Questions, the Breaker Upperers star spoke about why she and her partner Pip Brown never share photos of their daughter's face on social media.

She said they made a conscious decision to avoid it, "but the bloody Woman's Day followed us around and papped us a few months ago which was really upsetting".

"We'd tried to keep our daughter's face out of the media because babies are just innocent little people that haven't asked for anything like that yet," she said. "It was pretty awful to have that happen, especially in New Zealand."

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
View this post on Instagram

Bubs n rugs #rugs

A post shared by L A D Y H A W K E (@ladyhawkeforyou) on Jun 16, 2018 at 7:14pm PDT

Sami is not the first Kiwi celeb to speak out against the magazine.

Dan and Honour Carter brought in lawyers after the Woman's Day printed "unauthorised" photos of his son Marco in 2015.

The rugby star's agent, Simon Porter, confirmed the magazine had been asked not to publish photos of the Carter's children again.

Porter told 1 News at the time: "They were disappointed that the unauthorised or paparazzi, whatever you want to call them, photos were taken. They had tried to keep their kids out of the media ... their faces in particular. They were disappointed that Woman's Day had gone down that path."

Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
View this post on Instagram

Family is the most important thing in the world to me. With @honorcarter being the best and most dedicated wife/mother, it excites me to know we are adding to our family. #BabyCarter #BabyNo3 #Partyof5

A post shared by Dan Carter (@dancarter_) on Aug 11, 2018 at 2:55pm PDT

Former supermodel Rachel Hunter has also previously spoken out against the magazine saying she was "extremely disappointed" in an article for which she was quoted as "I never did an interview".

"The food and diet that is mentioned in the article are either quotes pulled from old interviews or not from me at all ... This Is very misleading," she said.

Netball star Maria Tutaia had a similar story, claiming the magazine "made up" a story about her engagement to Israel Folau.

She said: "I can't believe after working with Woman's Day magazine for years and after specifically being told in writing that we wanted to keep things private, they chose to make up a story stuck together with old photos and full of inaccuracies and guesses, and use our happiness to sell their magazine for one week."

Related articles

Entertainment

The Hits host Brodie Kane on top of her game

26 Nov 04:00 PM
View this post on Instagram

😡😡😡😡🤑

A post shared by MARIA FOLAU (@mariatutaia) on Oct 30, 2016 at 2:22pm PDT

Global dance star Parris Goebel also famously blasted the magazine over a feature which was supposed to be about her autobiography Young Queen, but focused on her mental health struggles instead.

She wrote on Instagram: "I have never felt so exploited in my career. I am so disgusted and disappointed. I was so excited to see the magazine today only to find this: 'Suicidal to Superstar'... 'Parris Goebel's shocking confessions'... 'Dancing with demons'. Wow, how insensitive and what a sad way to portray a painful part of my life to try and sell your magazine!

"I have no problem sharing my past in hopes it will help others, but you have blasted this on your front cover to make sales. You shouldn't be called Woman's Day as you clearly don't care about us and how sensitive us women are."

View this post on Instagram

LAUNCHING TONIGHT😍 @sistersunitednz

A post shared by PARRI$ (@parrisgoebel) on Jul 5, 2018 at 3:26pm PDT

Saveshare

Share this article

facebookcopy linktwitterlinkedinredditemail
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
Advertisement
Advertise with NZME.
NZ Herald
  • About NZ Herald
  • Meet the journalists
  • Newsletters
  • Classifieds
  • Help & support
  • Contact us
  • House rules
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Competition terms & conditions
Subscriber Services
  • NZ Herald e-editions
  • Daily puzzles & quizzes
  • Manage your digital subscription
  • Manage your print subscription
  • Subscribe to the NZ Herald newspaper
  • Subscribe to Herald Premium
  • Gift a subscription
  • Subscriber FAQs
  • Subscription terms & conditions
  • Promotions and subscriber benefits
  • Bundle subscriptions
NZME Network
  • The New Zealand Herald
  • The Northland Age
  • The Northern Advocate
  • Waikato Herald
  • Bay of Plenty Times
  • Rotorua Daily Post
  • Hawke's Bay Today
  • Whanganui Chronicle
  • Viva
  • NZ Listener
  • What the Actual
  • Newstalk ZB
  • BusinessDesk
  • OneRoof
  • Driven CarGuide
  • iHeart Radio
  • Restaurant Hub
NZME
  • About NZME
  • NZME careers
  • Advertise with NZME
  • Digital self-service advertising
  • Book your classified ad
  • Photo sales
  • NZME Events
  • © Copyright 2024 NZME Publishing Limited
TOP