Air fryer popcorn chicken is simple to prepare and much healthier than deep-fried versions. A crowd pleaser and your new favourite party snack! Kids will love them too.
Prep time: 10 minutes + marinating
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 8 as an appetiser
|1 tsp||Chipotle and orange rub|
|4||Waitoa Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 2-3 cm pieces|
|3 Tbsp||Superb Herb Chives, chopped|
|1½ cups||FreshLife Cornmeal Flour|
|A drizzle||Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C.
- In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, spice mix, chives, salt & pepper. Add chicken and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, coat the chicken pieces in cornmeal flour until fully coated. Lay chicken in even layers in air fryer basket. Drizzle a little oil all over the chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden and cooked through for 20 minutes.
- Dipping sauce: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve the hot popcorn chicken with a pot of dipping sauce.