Rocket is prolific at the moment. If you don’t have any in your backyard, make sure you buy the outdoor- grown stuff, as it has a much more wild, peppery flavour than the hydroponic version.
|2||Red onions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges|
|500 g||Wild rocket, leaves (Main)|
|8||Baby beetroots, peeled and halved lengthways|
|6 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|4 Tbsp||Pumpkin seed paste, ready-made or roast 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds and blitz to a paste|
|1||Lemon, freshly juiced|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put onions and beets in a bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat. Transfer to roasting dish and roast about 30 minutes.
- With a stick blender or whisk, mix the pumpkin seed paste, lemon juice and brown sugar, then gradually add 4 tablespoons olive oil, as you continue to whisk.
- Arrange the rocket in a large bowl with the onions and beetroot.
- Dress with the pumpkin seed vinaigrette, and serve.