|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1||Carrot, finely diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp||Ground cumin|
|2 tsp||Ground coriander|
|2 cups||Brown lentils, cooked (Main)|
|1 cup||Mushroom, thinly sliced|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes|
|1 cup||Silverbeet, chopped|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 ½ cups||Wholemeal flour (Main)|
|100 g||Butter, cut into cubes|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oil in large fry pan and soften the onion (chopped) and carrot (diced) with the garlic, cumin, and coriander.
- Add the lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes and silverbeet and cook gently for 20 minutes. Stir in grated mozzarella cheese and season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl, rub in the butter until it looks like fresh breadcrumbs. Add enough cold water to make a firm dough.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll out pastry and line a 24cm round pie dish, reserving enough to cover the top.
- Fill pie dish with the lentil mixture, cover with reserved pastry. Brush with the egg and sprinkle over pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked.