|2 cups||Dried cranberries (Main)|
|½ cup||Cointreau, other orange liqueur or use freshly squeezed orange juice (Main)|
|375 g||White chocolate, melts|
|2 ½ cups||Icing sugar|
|375 g||White chocolate buttons, to dip (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place dried cranberries and Cointreau (or other orange liqueur or substitute with freshly squeezed orange juice) in a microwaveable jug and cook on high for three to four minutes.
- Let it cool.The cranberries will absorb the Cointreau and plump up. Add the butter and white chocolate melts.
- Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring after each, until melted. Stir in the icing sugar and allow the mixture to cool enough to handle.
- Roll into balls the size of large marbles. Place these on a plastic tray and freeze for at least an hour until solid.
- Place second packet of melts (or buttons) in a small metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water and gently melt until smooth. Using a dipping fork, dip each frozen truffle in white chocolate and allow to set on a sheet of non-stick baking paper or tinfoil.
- Place each truffle in a case, then box or package in cellophane, decorating with festive ribbons and trims.