You need a good goat's cheese for this; no cheap feta allowed. You could use other greens - the bitter varieties such as endive, mustard leaf or raddichio. Banyuls vinegar is a specialty French vinegar, made from Grenache grapes but you can use any good white wine vinegar.
|50 g||Soft goat's cheese (Main)|
|20 g||Pine nuts|
|150 ml||Vinegar, use Banyuls vinegar|
|10 g||Pepper leaves|
|10 g||Wild rocket|
|10 g||Dandelion leaves|
|1||Radish, sliced finely|
|1||Shallot, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|5 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 Tbsp||Truffle oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice watermelon into 4 cm slices and cut out with a circle cutter. Cut each round in half. If the watermelon is not sweet enough, juice the scraps.
- Add sugar to taste and let the watermelon sit in the syrup. Place in fridge to keep cool.
- Reduce 80ml of the vinegar until sticky, add pine nuts and let cool on tray.
- Wash all greens ready to use. Place in ice water if necessary.
- To make dressing, place finely chopped shallot, Dijon, vinegar, honey, olive oil and truffle oil in bowl and whisk together.
- To make salad take 5 pieces of half-circle watermelon and place on plate, dress the leaves and radish.
- Place goat's cheese in sliced pieces on top of watermelon. Scatter the leaves and the radish, sprinkle with pine nuts and dressing