This recipe is part of a menu designed by Tina Duncan for Simply You Living, highlighting New Zealand's finest produce. For starters, delicate kai moana, followed by venison steaks with kumara fondant, pea puree and delicately herbed carrots. To finish; a sweet note of honey soufflé served with these crisp walnut wafers and an orange blossom labne.
|90 g||Caster sugar|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|45 g||Liquid glucose|
|½ cup||Walnuts, roasted, roughly chopped and cooled (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a small saucepan over a very gentle heat, melt butter with sugar, vanilla and glucose, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a bowl and add flour and walnuts. Stir until the mixture comes together. Set aside to cool.
- Shape mixture into marble-sized balls, approximately 2cm in diameter.
- Place them on a greased baking tray, leaving 4-5cm between each to allow for spreading.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 160C. The mixture will spread like a brandy snap.
- Cool the wafers on the tray, or for curved wafers place over a rolling pin just before they set hard, then lift them off and store in an airtight container until required.