Coriander and mint adds a fresh Vietnamese flavour to these spring rolls. Chicken with cunchy snow peas, cucumber and capsicum makes it a filling and nutricious recipe and a lovely peanut sauce to give a bit of richness and saltiness.
|1 cup||Chicken, cooked, thinly sliced (Main)|
|3||Spring onions, trimmed and cut into matchsticks|
|100 g||Snow peas, sprouts|
|1 ½ ||Telegraph cucumbers, halved crossways and cut into matchsticks|
|½ ||Capsicums, thinly sliced|
|20 sprigs||Fresh coriander|
|8||Rice paper rounds, 22cm diameter|
|⅔ cup||Roasted peanuts, unsalted, to serve|
|125 ml||Hoisin sauce|
|4 Tbsp||Unsalted peanuts, crushed (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|1 ½ tsp||Chilli powder|
|2 tsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped|
- To make the peanut sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken, spring onions, snow pea sprouts, cucumber, capsicum, coriander and mint on a tray for easy access.
- Fill a large shallow container with warm water.
- Dip a rice paper sheet in the water for 30 seconds or until soft (don't soak for too long or it will tear). Drain on a paper towel.
- Place the sheet on a clean work surface and spoon a little peanut sauce along the centre. Top with 1/8 of each of the ingredients from the tray.
- Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets. Serve with roasted peanuts