Turkish-style takeout at home, for under $20!
|½ cup||Bulghur wheat|
|½ cup||Tomato juice|
|450 g||Lamb mince (Main)|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|½ cup||Chopped parsley|
|3||Tomatoes, roughly chopped|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts, lightly toasted|
|1 to drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place bulghur wheat and tomato juice in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine the mince, crushed garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, coriander, chopped fresh parsley and bulghur wheat in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape mixture into oblong-shape patties.
- Mix the parsley, tomato juice and pine nuts together, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook minced lamb until well coloured and cooked through.
- Toast pita bread until golden and then gently open up with a sharp knife.
- Serve lamb in pita bread with tomato, parsley salad.